Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Gizmo-Lacking In Support

Andy Abramson - VoIP Watch


One of the things I love about CallVantage and Broadvoice is how rapidly each of those companies support teams jumps on problems and get back to me with answers, usually its a senior tech or ops person. Sometimes it's a ranking executive, but always the problem gets resolved, even if I'm proxing for a reader who has gotten frustrated.
With Gizmo, like Skype, they use one of those online systems where you enter a trouble ticket. While that may be good for some people (i.e. techies) as a business person and media member, I'm a bit more interested in having someone "talk" with me about the problem, understand the problem, and discuss the solution process.
That's why I was floored by the reply I received from Gizmo's support person who shall remain nameless to my report that calls to my CallVantage number would not terminate, and received a "Number Not In Service" error message which from what I can tell meant that Gizmo couldn't fully complete the call to the number when called directly or when the call was forwarded from my SBC PSTN line, a test that I regularly run with every VoIP provider I test (fyi-Skype works perfectly on this test) Here's what I received back:
Andy,
I received the same result when calling from a cell phone and from my gizmo phone.
Your number just keeps on ringing with no pickup. I would suggest trying this again
Rate this ticket: Helpful Not Helpful
Ticket ID:
HZM-OMMITTED
Tracking URL:
Click Here
Created On:
02 Jul 2005 06:32 PM
Last Update:
02 Jul 2005 06:32 PM
Status:
Closed
The tech's response doesn't make any sense at all, as not only doesn't it replicate my experience, it implies that my phone service doesn't answer, something received dozen or so voice mails I received yesterday, or the over 30 calls my CallVantage call log of incoming calls shows, including my Gizmo 747 number reaching it. As a result I reopened the trouble ticket. Of course the Gizmo team can always call me on Gizmo too to talk about it :-)
UPDATE--Got a call from Michael Robertson...he's looking into this and thinks it's a PSTN termination partner issue

7 Comments:

Blogger Joe Muka said...

Hi, Saw your site late night. Some of your ideas I may use for my site about voip hardware It's kind of a boring topic...I liked some of your info.

11:29 PM  
Blogger JT said...

Great Blog! A real pleasure to read! Do you know that Traffic Portals will really boost your conversion rates and generate exclusively yours leads? We offer VOIP webinars - Marketing Courses Using Web Conferences about Traffic Portals I also have a website that talks about various high profile topics such as Retirement and includes an eBusiness Directory. I also would like to tell all of you reading this terrific blog about Retirement that should you be in need of a terrific host for a serious eCommerce Website that www.Kiosk.ws is Awesome Hosting value! They have the best online support team for all of your technical questions and a 3 minute emergency pager too. Looking to start your own affiliate program? They have an excellent script for you! They give you $70,000 dollars worth of software to build just about any type of e-commerce website you need! Go check it out if you get a chance. You can make more money than you spend and Create Free Will for Yourself! Again, Great Blog! Thanks. The info on Retirement Sooner was very informative!

5:33 AM  
Blogger My VoIp Solutions said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a verizon voip site/blog. It pretty much covers verizon voip related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

2:19 AM  
Blogger haidi said...

Hi,

We may share some interest part of telecommunications story or update, so visit my website **Telecom** site/blog. It pretty much covers Telecommunications Updates related stuff.

Have a nice day.
Otai

10:43 PM  
Blogger VoIp Solutions said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. Keep up the great work! I also have a site & blog about flyfone voip, please feel free to visit.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Swingin80 said...

Cool blog you have. I have a alpha pager related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is alpha pager

2:19 AM  
Blogger Henry Fernandes said...

It is a good move and will help all expats make calls to their home countries. Hope the internet cafes can get this service so that they will not opt for any illegal VOIPs in future.I just want to inform everyone to a new web site called VoIP Spear (www.voipspear.com) to measure your QoS. It's the Internet's best and most accessible QoS testing service.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home