Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Streaming Music to your Mobile Phone?

Dameon D. Welch-Abernathy - PhoneBoy's Blog


Om points to Ditty Bot, which is a way to send songs from your iPod to your mobile phone using SkypeOut. I'm with Om, this is a stupid idea.

However, if I *were* going to do this, here's what I'd do:

1. Set up an Asterisk server.
2. Get a SPA-3000.
3. Get a Dock n Talk that's compatible with one of my many phones.
4. Get an extra SIM card on Cingular.
5. Configure it so that I could dial into my Asterisk server from my other Cingular phone. Not too hard, but doable.

For a bit of extra hardware and a small monthly charge ($9.99 for an add-a-line on my current Cingular plan, but it's more like $14.99 now), I can stream as much music as I want from my cell phone for one low monthly price. Seems a lot cheaper than using SkypeOut to do it.

Of course, because it would absolutely kill the battery life of your mobile phone, it's a stupid idea. That and my mobile phone already plays MP3s, thank you very much. :)

13 Comments:

Blogger Joe Muka said...

Just checking out blogs for ideas to add to my site about yahoo voip and other voip stuff. (I know its a boring subject) I liked your site

5:48 AM  
Blogger Dom said...

I've just spruced up my blog with relevant content and I'm looking for comments from
bloggers with smilar interests.

11:04 AM  
Blogger all about news and such said...

I just came across your blog about att cingular and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about att cingular so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by att cingular

5:25 PM  
Blogger My VoIp Solutions said...

Hi thanks for your blog, I liked it! I also have a blog/site about architecture voip that covers architecture voip related stuff. Please feel free to visit.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Johnny said...

Just visited your blog, It is interesting to read. If you need some free cell phone tips, please click here .

5:01 PM  
Blogger haidi said...

Hi,

We may share some interest part of telecommunications story or update, so visit my website **Telecom** site/blog. It pretty much covers Telecommunications Updates related stuff.

Have a nice day.
Otai

7:12 PM  
Blogger A. Weinberger said...

Hi thanks for your blog, I liked it! I also have a blog/site about flyfone voip that covers flyfone voip related stuff. Please feel free to visit.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Best Home Based Business said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
Look who checking out my turnkey home based business blog?

11:35 AM  
Blogger aidin said...

Interesting blog about poolstore, keep up the good work poolstore

10:55 PM  
Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

Join NOW for FREE...

The Quick and FREE Way to Get a SWARM of Visitors to Your Site!

To find out more visit: top home-based businesses site. It successfully exposes FREE information covering Traffic and top home-based businesses related stuff.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

Check this out for FREE...

This opportunity says:

"Your Ad" Will Be Instantly Displayed on Thousands of Websites and Read By Over 10 Million People Per Week For FREE, and It Only Takes 60 Seconds To Get Started!

To find out more visit: internet wealth site. It successfully exposes FREE information covering Traffic and internet wealth related stuff.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Rod said...

Why would you want streaming music on your mobile?

Rod
Mobile Phone Insurance

8:32 AM  
Blogger arppeggio said...

We chem guys don't get a lot of swimming pool chemicals till we get "really" famous - but we live and breathe our swimming pool chemicals regardless. swimming pool chemicals
Keith
http://www.onlinepoolchemicals.co.uk

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home