Monday, June 06, 2005

Skype Redefines Itself

Andy Abramson - VoIP Watch



Someone told me recently the problem with Skype is why it's successful. The software was developed by programmers, not by people who understand telephony. That may go to explain the issues with both SkypeIn and Out as far as call quality.
Now I read that Skype has redefined themselves as a company when it comes to messaging.
Well now I know why the Skype folks I normally see online were offline for a few days. They had to figure out what they were and weren't. But I've said regularly that Skype in my mind is not a phone service replacement and now they seem to be realizing that they're not one either.
The big question is what do the VC's who invested in the company think about Skype now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home