Monday, June 13, 2005

My Yahoo Isn't As Good As It Used To Be

Andy Abramson - VoIP Watch


Maybe it's the Blogosphere effect, I'm not sure, but lately I'm finding that the customization of My Yahoo is no longer delivering the news to me as fast or as early as other tools out there including RSS feeds that show up in my personalized Bloglines. That, and also Google news, Google Alerts, PubSub and InBoxRobot.
I'm finding that the news that I've asked for via those tools is lightning like fast, while the updates to MyYahoo seems to be slowing down. But then, Yahoo is totally free and while most of the others remain that way, their speed is what is impressing me.
Is this a sign of things to come? Will the personalization of My Yahoo wither away? Or will Yahoo reemerge? Their current RSS offerings have potential, but so far I'm still not getting as excited about it, as I remain warm and fuzzy with Bloglines and NetNewsWire.. Also, with Podcasting becoming so popular, programs like iPodderX already scour the net and automatically download the most current shows for me that i want to hear...Yahoo..I think you're losing your edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home