Thursday, May 12, 2005

What's New With Yahoo, Earthlink, Packet 8, Sun Rocket and Macromedia

Andy Abramson - VoIP Watch


Over the past few days I've done a series of briefings with Macromedia about Breeze, Packet 8 about their video phone, Earthlink regarding their planned VoIP efforts and most recently Yahoo, about their directions with Yahoo Messenger.
Each company has their own niches and while I grew more impressed with Breeze after trying on a PC and I even had a better experience with P8's Video phone, the coolest thing I've played with is a new phone that works with Sun Rocket.
The Sun Rocket service was as least as good as AOL and Broadvoice, meaning it rates just below CallVantage. But the kicker was this phone that is a 2.4 Mhz cordless with the TA built in the base. Talk about no brain VoIP. All you do is plug in the Ethernet cable and in a few seconds you have Broadband Based Telephony.
As a result I'm a few days behind on blogging, but based on what I'm seeing and more importantly hearing, the next few months of new VoIP based offerings will be coming out fast and furious.
May 12, 2005 | Permalink | TrackBack (0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home