Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Asterisk as an MP3 Player

Dameon D. Welch-Abernathy - PhoneBoy's Blog


Right now, I am listening to hold music. My own hold music. I have assembled various "instrumental" songs from my MP3 collection onto my Asterisk server as the hold music and set them up as part of Asterisk's Music on Hold. I set up an extension that I can dial on my Asterisk server that simply forwards to the Music on Hold service and can listen from any of my IP phones. I am currently using my Polycom and listening thru my Plantronics CS50.

You know, with a DID from IPKall, some Linux podcast client software, and a little scripting, I could create my very own "Dial a Podcast." Dial in, listen to the podcasts I download from anywhere I happen to be. Like listening to the radio over the phone. Sort of like what I'm doing now. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger VOIP Provider said...

There is a huge explosion in the world of VOIP services. If you would like the latest information or get your VOIP ebook, feel free to visit.

10:40 PM  
Blogger VOIP Provider said...

There is a huge explosion in the world of VOIP phones. If you would like the latest information or get your VOIP ebook, feel free to visit.

11:03 AM  
Blogger VOIP Provider said...

There is a huge explosion in the world of Internet Phone Service. If you would like the latest information or get your VOIP ebook, feel free to visit.

11:27 PM  
Blogger VOIP Provider said...

There is a huge explosion in the world of VOIP services. If you would like the latest information or get your VOIP ebook, feel free to visit.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Weight Loss Expert said...

There is a huge explosion in the world of VOIP. If you would like the latest information or get your VOIP ebook, feel free to visit.

4:29 PM  
Blogger VOIP Provider said...

There is a huge explosion in the world of VOIP services. If you would like the latest information or get your VOIP ebook, feel free to visit.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home